Although this should be a strong growth year of healthcare employment, the competition among professionals for the best positions remains high. To give yourself the best results in your job search, we listed seven tips that should help you make the most of your career hunt in the New Year!
1. Stay calm, patient and proactive: Set a specific goal each day. How many applications will you submit? Make sure your goals are reasonable. This will give you a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
2. Update and proofread your resume: Qualified candidates with spelling and grammatical errors in their resume and cover letter can quickly be tossed aside. Have a friend or family member review your materials.
3. Be open to temporary and contract work: Once you get your foot in the door, you’ll have the chance to prove yourself. If a full-time position opens up, you’ll be one of the first to be considered.
4. Consider working with a recruiter: Recruiters have direct contacts for open positions. They will coach you on interviewing skills and help you prepare.
5. Make your resume public: Job boards such as Indeed are used by hiring professionals to find potential candidates with qualifications that match their open positions. Be sure to make your resume easily searchable.
6. Create a LinkedIn profile: Recruiters often use LinkedIn to reach out to potential candidates. LinkedIn allows you to connect and network with other professionals.
7. Utilize your personal network: It’s important to keep in contact with a personal network of professionals. A recommendation from another professional within the industry or organization will make you stand out more than just a resume.